Thank you for your interest in employment with our agency. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for Correctional Officers and Civilian Positions to aid in our mission of the care, custody, and control of the men and women entrusted to our care. Qualified candidates are:
- 20 years of age or older
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Have an acceptable criminal history
- Pass a battery of interviews and examinations
- Possess an eagerness to serve their community
- Possess a valid State Id, a Social Security Card, and a Birth Certificate
Criminal behavior that will disqualify applicants includes:
- Felony convictions
- Misdemeanor convictions within the past 2 years
- A pattern of repeat misdemeanor and/or felony criminal offenses
- Crimes of violence
- Pending criminal court case(s)
- Active warrant(s)
- Marijuana use within the past 6 months
- Any use of other illegal drugs within the past 10 years
- Convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to any misdemeanor involving crimes against persons, drugs, sexual offenses, or violation of civil rights of any person under the laws of the Constitution, United States Legislature, or law of any state or territory
- Dishonorably discharged from any military service and/or arrested for any violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that would constitute a felony or disqualifying misdemeanor in the State of Louisiana.
- An unacceptable driving record within 2 years of application, as evidenced by, three or more negligent collisions; suspension for moving violations; revocation, or operating after suspension/revocation of driving licenses; DWI or DUI convictions.
Failure to fully disclose arrest and conviction history may result in immediate disqualification from the application process.